1. First, complete our short, simple application on the Adoptions page and submit. This initial step completes the "paperwork" rescues require and helps us fit the best dog to your life style. Sorry, no adoptions to families with children under 6 years of age. Thank you for understanding.
2. Contact Judy, Adoption Coordinator, WABR phone: 509-928-8049 or e-mail: email@example.com or use our "Contact Us" form with any questions you may have or to get more information on dogs available to adopt. Judy will reply as soon as possible.
3. Plan on a meeting to see the dog you are interested in. You may visit the foster home where the dog is located, or a representative of WABR may be able to bring the dog to your home.
4. If you wish to adopt the dog, an adoption fee is collected, the dog's records are given to you, and "Terms of Adoption Agreement" is read and signed by you. If you need to post pone physical possession of your new dog, a deposit is required to hold the dog for you.
5. Follow up contact will be made to see how your transition is going with the new dog in a day or so after adoption.
6. If the dog is not suitable for your home, WABR will take the dog back and refund your adoption fee within 2 weeks trial period. If at any time the dog is not suitable, WABR would like to be notified and offered first right of refusal to rescue the dog from you and rehome it to a more suitable adopter.
We hope these steps will ensure the smoothest, happiest transition from our rescue to your home. We are always available to help with advice, referrals, or support to you as a new dog owner.
Click to see:
Washington Basset Rescue was founded in 1988 by an angel named Pat Benstine. Since then she, and a multitude of volunteers and supporters have rescued thousands of dogs and her mission is still being carried by directors, Mary Charbonneau, Judy Brown, and Mike Benstine. While we no longer have a facility, we depend upon fosters in the Spokane area to care for rescues.
Named pictures on this website were adopted from WABR
HOW DOES ADOPTION WORK?
Individuals who would like to adopt a rescue from us can have all their questions answered by calling Judy, 509-928-8049 or e-mail judybrown2020 @yahoo.com. Visit WABR Facebook to get the latest updates on rescues, adoptions, and events. We welcome contributions to help us run our rescue, fosters to help house Bassets til adopters come along, and volunteers for a variety of duties.
WABR is a dedicated breed rescue and referral organization committed to help placement in suitable forever homes. We work in cooperation with the general public, animal shelters, veterinarians, and other rescue groups.
SURRENDER CAN BE DIFFICULT BUT WHEN NECESSARY, WE CAN HELP.